Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Alone Time

This week and last I have been in Ogden for a mortgage training. Since I didn't want to spend three hours in the car everyday, driving between Ogden and Orem, I'm staying with Colby's parents in Kaysville. I've missed Colby (and he is bored to death in Orem), but it's been fun to visit with Marty and Ilona. Admittedly, I find myself enjoying a little "alone time," as well. Ilona serves in the Bountiful temple every Tuesday night, so Marty usually works late. That leaves me with the house all to myself this evening. The minute I got home from work, I was at the piano, singing Eva Cassidy at the top of my lungs -- a luxury I rarely get to enjoy since I don't have a piano at home, and my neighbors would hate me if I did. I also fumbled through George Gershwin's three "Preludes for Piano." Man, oh, man -- it's been a long time since I've played those, and I hadn't realized how much my piano skills have deteriorated! I guess I will have to find a way to practice a little more. Next, I am going to finish "Eclipse" for the second time (dare I start the series again?), and I'll probably do some sewing, too. I'd better be careful -- I think I am enjoying this too much!

On a side note, I decided last week that I had shin splints, which put a bit of a damper on my 5K training...after a couple of days of rest, ice, and ibuprofen, my legs feel a lot better, but I'm worried that they will return. Does anyone have suggestions for me?

2 comments:

  1. Oh My! How are you?!! I was just thinking about you the other day! I am so gald that you found my blog. Congrats on the marriage since i haven't talked to you in so long. You are a very cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to answer your question on how I did my blog... I learned how on cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com then I made my own background with my digital scrapbook stuff and uploaded it to photobucket.com to get an html code. I hope that all makes sence.

    ReplyDelete