Wednesday, May 7, 2008

D.I. Deals

I ordinarily don't post twice in one day...or one month, for that matter. In fact, I was explaining to Vanessa earlier today that I seem to get too busy for my blog and let things pass without writing about them. But, I decided that since I'd written a novel today about my mad obsession with Twilight, I should post some pictures of what I did actually accomplish this past week to compensate.

Last Thursday I had the day off, so while I was out running errands I stopped by the D.I. in Provo. I go there occasionally to look for night stands, kitchen chairs, etc. -- things that I might be able to paint or re-finish to make my apartment a little cuter. In the past month I have happened to get lucky twice in the "picture frames" aisle; Thursday in particular, I was really excited to find a small picture frame that matched a larger one I already had displayed in my living room. For a long time I had been wanting to rearrange this particular wall grouping, and having hit the D.I. "jackpot" I did just that. Here is my old grouping.....




And a couple pictures of my new one...





Ahh...doesn't that feel better? I may have done nothing else all week, but I still feel like I've got a brand new living room!

3 comments:

  1. Way to find a bargain! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach- the grouping looks really great. It has a presence and a balance that really are beautiful. Good job on your DI find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw this combo of cardstock at robert's the other day. cute!

    ReplyDelete