Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Little Free Time

Thanks to all of you for your encouraging comments. The search for a hygiene job is still on, but I've got my third and fourth interviews this week and should be hearing back very soon about last week's working interview. Hopefully something pans out quickly; I hate job-hunting! In fact, if I had my choice I probably wouldn't work at all -- not in the traditional sense, anyway. I could keep myself plenty busy just sewing, crafting, and decorating, with only occasional breaks for food and water. I guess I'll just have to enjoy the extra time right now while I've got it. I'm working on some new blessing dresses and would love some ideas of where to sell them. Someone suggested to me that I put them in hospital gift shops, which I may do. My Etsy shop will be up and running soon, as well.....I hope. In preparation for this, Cassidy took some beautiful photos of my finished gowns. I've been dying to share them with you:

12 comments:

  1. Holy cow you are talented! Those dresses are so cute. Almost like little wedding dresses! Your kids are gonna be sooo lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You are so talented! If I ever have another girl, I know who to buy a dress from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel! I was blog "surfing" :) and came across yours! I cannot believe how incredibly talented you are. Those dresses are absolutely gorgeous! I wish I could go back a year and a half and snatch one of those for my little girls blessing! Sooo beautiful! Hope all is well, and good look with the job hunting, any dentist would be lucky to get you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rachel so you are so so so talented. I love these, makes me wish we were having a girl and if we did I would have bought one off you! So no boy outfits? We are having the hardest time finding something (esp. something that isn't make with that plastic-looking material) and I was going to suggest selling on Etsy or make a blog just for them and have a contact email. A few ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dresses Rachel and those pictures with the sun behind them make them look truly professional. Also congratulations on graduating and good luck with the job hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I need a little girl!!! They are BEAUTIFUL!!! You are SO talented. Good luck with the job search...you're so awesome, why would they NOT Hire you???!?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Rachel. My jaw is probably still on the floor, I LOVE them. Count me in to buy one from you when we have kids. I need to live closer to you to do craft night. (we're making quilts).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Rachel, it's Jennifer Martindale (Lowry). I just came across your blog. Those are the most beautiful dresses. Amazing, seriously. Where are you living now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pictures turned out beautiful! I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. I can hardly believe it. I love the pictures, too! They do the dresses justice, which is saying A LOT. You are incredible

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are without a doubt the most gorgeous blessing / christening gowns I have ever seen. Absolutely breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dresses!!! Linda Anderson (from UVU Dental Hygiene clinic) is my mother-in-law and she suggested contacting you about your blessing dresses. I'm looking for one and would love more info on your dresses (prices, shipping, any more selection?) You can email me at miahanderson7@hotmail.com and we can discuss. :) I would love to hear from you! Thanks so much!

    Miah Anderson

    ReplyDelete