Friday, May 15, 2009

Done!

I know it can be bad to just wish time away, but sometimes I can't help it. I'm really grateful that the last few months have flown by, as with their passing has also concluded two of the most stressful years of my life. I'm finally free, and am soon to be Rachel Hunsaker, RDH! Although work at the credit union still takes up a lot of my time, I'm thoroughly enjoying no homework, no bedtime, and full days off -- luxuries I haven't had in a LONG time. Here's what I've been up to lately:

In the past month,

I graduated......



.....I passed all of my dental hygiene boards.....

(Here I am looking not-so-hot, but oh-so-happy.)

......and I started training for my first 5K!

I'm really serious about the 5K this time -- shin splints aren't gonna stop me! Last week I joined some friends in the middle of their 9-week training program; surprisingly, I've had no problems keeping up. I'm really excited about this, because I've already set some personal milestones in preparing for the event and have discovered that I actually enjoy running. One of the girls in my training group is using this 5K as a springboard for training for a half-marathon; call me crazy, but I think I might join her!

Ahhh, I'm so glad to be done with school (for now, at least), though I'm really gonna miss my girlies....



.....now I just need a job.

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you to have finished school and so impressed that you'll be running a 5K. I HATE running. I wish you luck on that! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you started looking for a job yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I have....I've applied for about 6 different positions but haven't heard anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOORAY for being done with that horrible part of our lives. And congrats on training. Running is the best!! I'm surprised you've started applying already. I thought I was supposed to wait till I had my license. Oops. Oh well, it was a great excuse to procrastinate getting a job until June! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't be more proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete