Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hygienist For a Day

Today I had my first working interview for a job as a real hygienist...I was SO stressed this morning, but it ended up being lots of fun. I spent the day at an office near my apartment, treating patients and trying really hard to impress the doctor. Having come straight from hygiene school (where we have 3 hours to treat a patient), I felt a bit frenzied at times trying to squeeze everything into 50-minute blocks; at the end of the day I was proud of myself for finishing only 10 minutes behind schedule.....and I got to give someone an injection -- one of my favorite things.

I won't know for about another week whether I'll get this job, but either way it was a good experience. I've got an interview on Friday at another office; keep your fingers crossed?

12 comments:

  1. oh, and was it single or double hygiene? i can't decide what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they let you work? i thought you couldn't do that until you had a license...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on graduating!! You have worked SOOOO hard; I really admire you and wish you the best in the job hunt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh this absolutely TERRIFIES me. i am so amazed you did it. that is terrifying. i'm going to be a complete mess when i have to start working. TERRIFIED. I'm also surprised you've already got your license, i just barely got my clinical scores back on monday! you're on top of things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea you had to audition for your job! How scary! Good luck!! And also, enjoy training for your 5K . . . Shellee (Gale) Naylor and I are training for 10K right now and then we'll do a half marathon in February when it cools down . . . isn't running fun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man. When I get to that point, I will have to talk to you about it. For now, I am NOT going to think about it. Go Rachel! I'm with Angie; slightly TERRIFIED.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been keeping my fingers AND toes crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so proud of you Rach. You deserve that job - you've worked so hard. Good job! I hope all is well. Wish we all lived closer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME! Way to go! I love getting my teeth cleaned and whatnot, but I can't imagine being the person doing it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rach! I love your blog background. And I'm sure you designed it yourself! So cute! I'd love to learn how to do digital scrapbooking. Do you have any tips on where to start or how to learn? I just need you to point me in the right direction...
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel,Congrats! I am so so happy for you! You have just fulfiled the dream I always have had! I don't know if it will ever happen now, but what a great accomplishment!
    Okay, so i'm also so so impressed with your sewing abilities! Infact! my sister in law saw the beautiful dress you made for traci! she loved, her little girl is a month old, and she'll be blessed soon, but she was curious if you could make one by fathers day, and how much you charge! if you would email me back, i will get you her information and you can work together!
    p.s., you are such a beautiful girl! you look great!
    neener21@hotmail.com

    Janine

    ReplyDelete