Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Holiday Fever

I don't know what's come over me, but I am suddenly obsessively excited for the holidays! A couple of days ago I went into Roberts to get some stuff for a school project. They had all of their fall & Halloween decorations out and I just about lost it! I'm like a little kid all over again, or maybe like Martha Stewart -- or maybe Martha Stewart as a little kid, because all I want to do now is hang things and wrap things and make costumes and buy a huge, cute bowl for our Halloween candy. Yikes! I've become a monster! A monster who can't wait to put up her Christmas tree...I even started my Christmas shopping. Yep -- last week at Swiss Days I purchased a present for...well, for someone...I can't say who, even though she doesn't read my blog. But, let's just say it's something that needs a mat and a frame. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how expensive mats and frames are, especially when you have to have the mat custom-cut because the gift in question is a funny size. I decided after checking prices at Roberts and Michael's that I will probably have to sell my soul to the devil to afford the rest of this Christmas present. Oops! Well, at least I won't have to worry so much about my Halloween costume...just don't be scared if you notice my eyes are glowing red or my voice is a little bit raspier. I will be a happy little Christmas demon, and that is all that matters!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Rachel you are so silly! I am jealous that you started your Christmas shopping. I am such a procrastinator. Aren't the hollidays magical?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that and all I heard was "baby hunger." Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for the holidays!! Amen to being excited! So, when were you at Swiss Days, Saturday? We were there too! Dang it! I don't know how I didn't see you among the MILLIONS OF PEOPLE! Cute sewing, too. Have you thought about opening your own line of clothing designs???

    ReplyDelete