Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Guess It Serves Me Right

Let me apologize for the perfectly crummy mood I was in this week. I mean, I still feel that I was completely justified in being a "grumpy giant," but sometimes I wonder if I complain too much. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable; I just needed to vent (and yes, Angie, it was..."the mean one" -- if, indeed you are referring to the one who seems to have a special place in her pit of meanness reserved especially for Rachel)...

Aside from that, I had kind of a funny/ironic/creeeepy experience this week. Brooke was in the darkroom a few days ago when I heard her scream. She had discovered a spider on the counter, right next to her. Well, I hate spiders just as much as the next girly-girl, but I decided to be heroic and save Brooke from the venomous monster. Okay, so it turns out that it was an itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny spider (no yellow polka-dots, even). I smooshed it with a pair of scissors and threw it in the trash. I kind of laughed to myself, because seriously -- it was a nothing of a spider. Maybe I shouldn't have thought her so silly, because you know...what goes around, comes around. Thursday night, I got home late from visiting with my family. It was really dark outside, but when I opened my front door I could see that there was a spider on the ground, just outside my apartment. And not just any spider...a huge black widow! EEEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!! I was wearing flip-flops, so I practically jumped over the threshold to avoid it. I knew I had to kill it, though, so I ran and put on some tennis shoes, then jumped around my living room shrieking for a couple of minutes or two (I think the shrieking helped me summon my courage). I finally managed to send that big ugly bugger to its cobwebby grave, but I had the creepy-crawlies all night long. I was jumping and jerking around in bed all night because I SWEAR I could feel things crawling on me...

This week I am spraying down my whole apartment building. I already have all the stuff to do it, and I'm not taking any more chances. I've learned my lesson, too: I promise not to laugh at any of you ever again if you freak out over a little, tiny spider.

8 comments:

  1. Hey!!! Remember us? Your lovely, complaining neighbors about everything at Draper Oaks?

    Happy Anniversay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you know Tricia? Keith is my little brother... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the creepy crawlies you get after facing a spider, the itching feeling that there are more around to haunt you. We have a spider problem at our place too. I hate spiders and David swears he sprayed for them, yet they keep coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - so now i'm reading your posts to catch up...sorry I comment so much! But I agree - I hate spiders!!! even little ones! Tanner likes to squish them by stomping on the floor - he thinks he's helping, but really, the spider is way beyond even my reach on the ceiling! LOL! We're in Idaho Falls...How is UVSC (it will always be UVSC to me, growing up there and all :) ) treating you? We'll be 'checking in' occasionally! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeww! Those little suckers are all over! I saw one just the other day! Way to be brave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, you need to teach me how to make my blog cute. what was the website you used again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I sure do comment a lot...anyhoo, i tagged you! check my latest post to find out what's going on!

    ReplyDelete