Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Some Chain Maille Might Have Come in Handy...

If you all will indulge me for just a moment...

Today I encountered a beast of epic proportions. She appeared as one of my clinical instructors and reared her ugly head at me over and over again. I nearly melted from the heat of her fiery breath (or maybe just from embarrassment) as she publicly harangued me; I had not made any serious errors, at least not the ones she was accusng me of, nor did I deserve such a severe tongue-lashing in front of my patient and my peers. I was so upset I contemplated walking home, just to blow off steam. I decided, though, that since it was nearly four miles, I would likely be more agitated by the time I got here for having used up my whole afternoon. So instead, I rented a Rug Doctor and shampooed my living room carpet. Perhaps a strange way to deal with my indignation, but it was pleasantly cathartic. In fact, although a couple of "mystery stains" still haunt the floor in front of my couch, it looks almost a million times better. Plus I found some sick, secret enjoyment pretending I was dumping her down the drain along with the ten gallons of thick, grey water that came out of the Rug Doctor...

And now, I'm a bit exhausted from my venture into the grimy depths of ancient apartment floor coverings, so I'm all nestled up in bed with my lappy. Colby is down at the hospital tonight doing a sleep study, so I think I shall sleep quite soundly -- providing I don't have nightmares about monsters in lavender scrubs.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Oh Rachel, I'm so sorry. I don't like the monster either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay here’s the recipe. I don’t have texting, so here ya go.


    ½ C. Creamy Peanut Butter

    8 oz. Vanilla Yogurt

    1/8 tsp. Cinnamon

    ½ C. Thawed Cool-Whip

    Sliced Apples for Dipping (or Bananas)

    Makes 1 2/3 cups.


    There ya go…mix the top 3 ingredients and fold in the Cool-Whip.


    Hope things are going well. I think I’m going to make this yummy stuff myself tonight. Good idea!

    Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Rachel! I'm sorry! I think I know which day you are referring to! She really was out of control!
    I love your writing though. You make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete