Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Curtain Love!

I've been obsessed with Pinterest lately. So many awesome things and rad ideas in one place -- I could waste a whole lotta time just browsing. One of my favorite finds lately is this shelf/curtain rod idea, originally from Martha Stewart:
As soon as I saw it, I just had to have one for my kitchen! So, here is my take (please excuse the screws.....I just got impatient and wanted to show you my handiwork before it was actually done -- haha):

Perfect for holding my great-grandma's cookie jar.

I also made the curtains. We recently painted our kitchen light yellow and put in new counter tops, sink, and lighting. It looks so fresh and happy in here now, but with bare windows we had no privacy from our neighbors or even passers-by on the street. Now we can walk around the house in our underwear without causing a scandal. :)


3 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous! We really need to get together when we come to Utah this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say "rad?" That's rad! I like the word "rad," but unfortunately it isn't used as often as it should be... By the way, the curtains are great, and the shelf is rad!

    ReplyDelete