Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Because I can't survive without the crazy.

Apparently, simplicity is not my thing. I shouldn't be surprised, though -- why else would I go out of my way to make things I could just buy, take on multiple home reno projects at once, and spend a bazillion hours every day trying to squeeze in every last errand/workout/snuggle? I guess it's time to embrace the madness. And January looks to be just the month for that.


I'm sure glad Scott has a great mind for conciseness and simplicity -- and that he loves me enough to put up with me! I know I sometimes drive him nuts with my compulsive need to complicate things, but he is so patient. I sure hope his patience is eternal, because after January 28th he'll be stuck forever. We are getting married!


(cute picture taken by my sis)

I feel so lucky to have Scott. He is sweet, gentle, and smart. He loves his kids and is a good daddy to them. He works hard and loves to take care of people. And he is super-determined to make this relationship last forever. So, while the prospect of getting remarried is sometimes overhwhelming (especially w/ stepkids!), I am really excited and optimistic. I think we'll make a great team.


And, just to make things even more interesting....I'll be making another huge change in January --namely, quitting my job at the credit union and going to work as a full-time dental hygienist (FINALLY)!! I am SOOOO nervous, but am really excited at the same time! My job at AFCU has been great to fall back on and keep the bills paid, but it's also been a crutch. Changing things up scares me, and since I've had a decent job I haven't pushed myself as hard as I should've to find the one I really want. I think this will be really good for me, despite my anxiety.


So you see, I just can't keep things simple. I think my mind would explode without some degree of madness in my life -- and since I can't have that, I'll just have to embrace it whole-heartedly!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am super happy for you and wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! On the new job, that is. It would be quite self-serving to congratulate you--and thereby myself--on the engagement and the wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! SO that is really the official date? You've heard back from Salt Lake?

    So does that mean you already have a full time dental hygienist job, or you are just quitting your job in Jan to be available full time for dental hygiene?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! So, January 28th is the day? What can I do to help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Wish you all the happiness in your marriage and I think you'll make a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-hoo!! January 28th!! Way to go on the full-time job, too! That's something you've been wanting for so long. Look at this fresh start with a new year!! I want to help in any way I can! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Rachel! Looks like you and Scott will make a great team! Good luck with all the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you Rachel. You're going to be the best mom! I bet those kids adore you.

    ReplyDelete