Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Rachel

Okay, first of all, you guys are awesome....I've never had so many comments in one day on my blog! Thanks for making me feel special. :)

Now, if you'll indulge me for just a moment, I'm feeling the need to brag...but just a little. I am taking a kickboxing class this semester -- both to fill my schedule so I can get more financial aid, and to aid myself in my skinny-and-sexy goal. This class is not what I thought it'd be. I was expecting a Tae Bo-imitation with a perky instructor, like the classes I'd taken at the gym with friends. I almost dropped the class when my teacher, a jiu jitsu champion, said we'd be sparring with each other. What? I have to buy shin guards, a mouth guard, and boxing gloves? This is hard-core, and I really don't want to lay the smack-down on any of the cute little girlies in my class. I'm sticking with it, though, and I think I'll be glad.

Today was something of a triumph for me. We were learning some new sparring techniques that were a little tricky. When I fight, I feel absolutely ridiculous. I giggle incessantly with a silly grin on my face, even when I'm really going at it. So, I was surprised when the girls in my class kept asking me for help...my teacher even used me as an example for the class. Woah, maybe I'm gonna be all right. Maybe Clint Eastwood will make a movie about me. I'll be doing flying-double-twist-jump-roundhouse kicks by the end of the semester.

Move over, Jackie Chan...I'm the next martial arts master.

10 comments:

  1. woo! go rach!! and sorry bout your sis. that stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go! i want to take a class like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats your email address so I can add you to my blog list?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh p.s. email it to me: liviosborne@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally see the next movie: A beautiful girl appears sweet and helpless, but when the bad guys come, she is ready to attack them, and all the while she is giggling. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah. You are for sure going to have to give me a demonstration. When are we going to hang out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rachel-don't know if you remember me-Shellee Gale from Meridian-I was just wondering what styles of blessing dresses you make and how much you charge. E-mail me at jsnaylorfamily@yahoo.com I'm blessing my baby March 1st. Thank you! Looks like you're doing great! I can't believe how talented you are! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good stuff Rachel. It was fun to catch up on your blog :) ~Loves from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel dearest... I just want you to know that you're amazing. Honestly I spent a little while scrolling through your blog and I have to say you are quite witty and extremely talented. Thanks for sharing. You have inspired me to be more crafty. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete