Thursday, October 29, 2009

I think fall is my favorite

I tend to get really excited this time of year. The changing weather is exciting (as long as it's not too nasty), and I love the warm, rich colors of the changing leaves. I think fall brings out the domestic diva-wannabe in me, too. The rich, warm colors are my favorite for decorating, and the chilly weather gives me an excuse to make soups and breads to my heart's content.

Halloween, for me, is the perfect kick-off to all of this. I guess I'm just a kid at heart, but I get really into this holiday. I love to dress up -- mostly, I think, because I enjoy making cool costumes. I'm actually a little self-conscious to wear them in public, but I really love to be creative so I bear with the awkwardness. My costume this year is no exception to that -- in fact, I'm probably a little more apprehensive of peoples' reactions than usual, because it may seem a little out of character for me. Still, I'm pretty excited to be a little crazy for a day. I just finished my costume tonight; I won't tell you what it is, but here's a little clue:

3 comments:

  1. I'm all kinds of intrigued. My guess is Medusa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to agree...Medusa. You MUST post a picture of you in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please please please post pictures! I'm dying to see your awesome costume!

    ReplyDelete