Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Lauryl, you are such a smart (cute) pregnant lady....I was Medusa for Halloween!

Andrea and I had the most fun last week making our Halloween costumes -- we are so crafty. :) We made her "corpse bride" dress from what must have been an angel costume, which we found at Saver's. I trimmed and tucked, added trims and a sash, then she went at it with the scissors, dye, and dirt to make it look like she'd been buried in it. I tried to make my dress look Grecian, modeling it after some costumes I found online, and using the colorful iridescent fabric because I thought it looked maybe a little reptilian. My hair was supposed to sort of resemble this:



But of course it's a lot shorter than that, so I went a little wilder with it. It was all nasty and ratted, with little braids and almost two dozen snakes weaving in and out. I only wish I'd gotten better pictures of it. In fact, for future reference, never ask a Harmon's employee to take pictures for you. This one would have been my best shot with my co-workers, darn it:



I learned my lesson, and had Kara shoot Andi and me; now all I have to blame is my non-photogenic-ness....



Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. Your costume is AWESOME! You look so great. Very impressed with your sewing skills as always. You make a pretty hot medusa. :) This is one of the best costumes I've seen this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what funny sisters. I miss you guys. Come back to Boise so we can hang out. My husband doesn't always appreciate my inexplicable need to be weird sometimes. Love, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Every year I say I am going to try to be creative with a costume but......maybe next year right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the costumes! And, I miss all of you N. Orem folk. You made my heart warm with this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys all look great! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete