Saturday, November 3, 2012

I pretty much can't believe it...

For over two weeks I've been waiting for a letter. The Letter -- announcing either the offer or denial of a life-changing opportunity...and apparently possessing the power to nearly kill me with suspense.

While in Haiti, I was too busy to worry about the Letter, but the moment I returned home the torture began. I found myself checking the mailbox with trembling hands, multiple times a day, then skulking away in disappointment that it hadn't come. One night I dreamed that my mailbox was overflowing with letters -- all of them in envelopes the same size and shape as the one I was expecting. I dove frantically into the heaps of mail, searching desperately for the piece I'd been expecting. When I thought I'd finally found the Letter, I tore it open....only to discover a credit card application.

Bah.

Well, today the Letter came and ended my misery. Now I'm just shocked. And grateful. And excited.


6 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! I am so proud of you and feel like such a lame friend because I had no idea you were such a talented singer! Keep us updated and let me know when I can start looking for you in the stands :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?!?! That is freakin' awesome!!!! Way to go, Girlfriend!!! I am so stinkin' happy for you! Enjoy every minute of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!! Congrats, chica! I'm so impressed, that is an great use of your mad musical abilities. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fabulous! I can't wait to look for you at General Conference. Then I'll tell everyone, hey, that's my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw you!!! Then I came here to make sure it was really you :) Congrats! Such an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally saw you . . . spent all of the weekend watching for you and the moment finally came!

    ReplyDelete