Sunday, August 14, 2011

Today I Felt Like Super Mom...


...even though I'm not even a mom. :)

Scott brought his girls over this morning so he could go to a meeting, and Aimree (9) was stressed because she couldn't find her shirt for church! I was working on a lesson for Relief Society, but since church doesn't start until 1 p.m. I knew I had time to come to the rescue.

It's times like these when I'm especially grateful for my excessively large fabric stash.

I used the t-shirt Aimree wore yesterday as a pattern and whipped up this cute tee (cutie?):







She loved it, and it went great with the skirt she and I made a few weeks ago.

The best part? It only took about 30 minutes. I had to ask the girls to do their own hair, but I was able to finish my lesson and get to church on time -- makeup on and everything. :)

3 comments:

  1. Aimree showed me the shirt today. I was so impressed that you made that this morning! It is so cute! Those kids idolize you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are a Mommy hero. Sometimes I wonder why I have such a big fabric stash, now I know why. I can create and not have to run to the store for everything. Thanks for being so awesome.

    ReplyDelete