Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hello Again!

Well, I’m back. Back to life, back to blogging, back to my normal self again….I think. The summer was crazy and full of changes – some of them awesome, and some I hope never to endure again – but I feel like I’m finally catching my breath. And now I’ve got a lot of catching up to do.

I’ll start with the kitchen chairs.

Remember those ugly brown things I showed you a few months ago? Well, I’ve been busy gluing, carving, drilling, sanding, and painting, and now they look beautiful and brand new! Oh, how I love my Dremel, my cordless drill, and my friend Mr. palm sander.

And oh, how I love my new old chairs.

My table, too, received a very fortunate makeover. This little guy was a hand-me-down from someone in my parents’ ward. It used to be oak-colored with a white laminate top. Not very cute. But now? Now I gaze adoringly at it, my eyes dewy, whenever I enter my kitchen. I love it.

Don’t you?

And as an extra treat, here are some cake stands my sister and I made for her upcoming wedding reception:

You like?

5 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel! I've been wanting to send you an email but I don't have you're email address. Do you want to email me with your address? Mine is basegoose(at)gmail(dot)com. I would love to hear from you. Oh and I love the cake stands. All the girls in Joe's family and I made those last year. They're so easy and fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should e-mail Laura Katseanes and become an author on the group craft blog she started called Easy Peasy Lemon Squezzy. These look great and you should share them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no end to your talents, girl! Those chairs/table look AMAZING! I really admire you and your ability to create beautiful and amazing things. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the chairs!!! And the cakestands!

    Okay...how did you refinish the laminate table top? I've got one of those that needs some love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like. I LOVE! You really are so talented and I truly love you and think of you often!

    ReplyDelete